About the Post

Author Information

Two Heads are Better Than One

One of the big news headlines in the past week was the purchase of the Washington Post by multi-billionaire Jeff Bezos. On the pages of Townhall.com, Hugh Hewitt offered his public suggestions as to whom he’d hire in order to rebuild the brand of the failing, flailing, iconic newspaper. It’s doubtful that Mr. Bezos will take heed of the advice, but the exercise itself got me thinking…

The modern-day GOP is almost as confused and in need of effective focus as the Washington Post. And so I have a suggestion for one person that the Republican Party should hire, yesterday, if they wanted to rebuild and refocus their brand.

bill-whittle 33If they desired (and I don’t believe they do, unfortunately) to clarify the “how” and the “what” of Conservatism to the broadest spectrum of people, the person presently doing it better than all the rest is Bill Whittle. He’s THE clearest…

View original post 64 more words

17 Comments on “Another ‘Stand-Up-and-Cheer’ speech via Bill Whittle (at the Western Conservative Summit)”

1. justturnright August 10, 2013 at 5:16 pm #

Thanks for the re-blog, DQ!!
    😀
    Bill is THE best at communicating conservative principles today, and this latest example simply proves my point.

• Donna Quixote August 21, 2013 at 7:21 pm #

Hey JT. Did you notice we have Twitter now? Mr. Quixote got it up and running for me.

• justturnright August 21, 2013 at 7:30 pm #

You might still have an issue.

First, you’ll need to put your Twitter address into your ‘Tweet’ button. I just tried your most recent post, and it includes the ‘Default’ choice (@wordpress).

Also, I don’t see a live link for your twitter feed on the site. Looks like a link, but I can’t click on it.

I have all of the “rules/How to” for Twitter saved, and will happily walk you through it, if needed.

• Donna Quixote August 21, 2013 at 7:36 pm #

LOL…yes, I need help apparently.

2. justturnright August 21, 2013 at 7:42 pm #

Whoa, maybe not.
    I just looked at MY Twitter link at our place, and IT’S dead, too!

Now, either my laptop just decided it hated Twitter, or something is up with WordPress.

I’ll look into it and get back to you, ASAP.

Don’t touch anything until I yell.

• Donna Quixote August 21, 2013 at 7:44 pm #

LOL…okay, thanks.

• justturnright August 21, 2013 at 7:47 pm #

I just put a ticket into the HELP forum. Looks like there are several others having the same issue.

It might be a Google Chrome/Wordpress compatibility issue, as it seems to be fine on IE.

I’ll let you know…

• Donna Quixote August 21, 2013 at 7:50 pm #

Thanks JT. I wondered what was going on, because it was working fine this morning. Appreciate the help.

• justturnright August 21, 2013 at 7:52 pm #

No prob. Like I said, I see at least two other tickets there with the same complaint.

And if there are three now, just wait a few hours: there’ll be more.

3. justturnright August 22, 2013 at 9:21 am #

OK, the issue seems to have been worked out for all of the blogs on my ticket, yet…. your place is still down.

So, give it until this afternoon, and hopefully they’ll have it fixed. If not, we’ll try to fix it ourselves…

• Donna Quixote August 22, 2013 at 9:31 am #

Oh for Pete’s sake! It was working fine this morning. Last time I checked it was around 8:15 and it was up. *sigh*

• Donna Quixote August 22, 2013 at 9:31 am #

Oh wait. No, there it is. I don’t know. One second it’s working, the next it’s not. Maybe they’re doing some sort of maintenance on Twitter?

• justturnright August 22, 2013 at 10:23 am #

And…… it’s back again.

No clue, DQ.
        What I know is that Twitter is STILL acting funny today, even when you’re on their platform.
        My guess is that they are having “issues”, and it’s affecting WordPress.

But in the meantime, you’re back in business.
        AND, I added you guys to my Twitter feed. Will try to throw some traffic your way….

😀

• Donna Quixote August 22, 2013 at 10:33 am #

Thanks JTR. Greatly appreciate the help.

4. justturnright September 19, 2013 at 5:02 pm #

Just an FYI, DQ:
    it’s not explicitly about him, but I included an old Bill Whittle video in our latest post:

I mention it here cause I figure a comment here won’t be a distraction for anyone, at this point. Plus, I know how you guys feel about Bill.
    😀

Again, just an FYI.

Hope all is well with you both!!
    -JTR

• Donna Quixote September 19, 2013 at 6:01 pm #

Thanks JT. He nails everything so accurately right on the head.

• justturnright September 19, 2013 at 6:15 pm #

Couldn’t agree more.

I almost have to use him sparingly, cause it would be WAY too easy to just re-post everything he’s done for years and call it a day….